What is your fav part of a wedding

Wedding Colours

What are your wedding colours? That's the question that most likely follows the 'When are the dates?' question.



I think I know what colours I want but the venue has a RED carpet and I don't want the colours to clash. Anyway SC and I have to choose colours for the traditional wedding and white wedding. The thing though is that all the colours on each day have to complement each other. I cannot understand for the life of me why some brides
 choose the colours that they do. I nearly go into  an epileptic shock at some weddings, honestly...my eyes start twitching and all. Orangeeee, greeeeeeennnn, blueeeeeeeeee, goldddddd, silverrrrrrr all in one wedding. Clash of the colours!






I'm having a real dilemma though, I have chosen
 a shade of blue for my bridesmaids and champagne/gold for my chief bridesmaids ( I haven't informed any of them about their 'appointments' by the way) and that's it. I don't know what colour to pick for the others on the train that will complement the bridesmaids dresses but won't clash with the red carpet or turn the wedding into a circus. As if that's not enough, one also has to take into account the colour scheme for the asoebi for our families. I've been pondering for weeks. This is not my thing. Help!

So the colours I'm currently working with are red blue and gold...I guess I'll have to think about it some more. Google is now my very best friend.


IMG:http://blog.weddingwire.com

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! Pele, good luck picking colors everyone won't JUDGE! Follow ur heart and ignore most people! :p

Anonymous said...

Wow I HAVE BEEN struggling with pikin a colour for like 3 months now lol... i agree with u i don't agree with loud colors for weddings i just think when u look @ d pics in a couple of years it will look DISASTROUS..palette colors r always a winner

TMinx said...

@Foluso, Everyone is free to judge, as long as i like it.
@Anonymous, i dunno i sort of prefer vibrant colours on people and minimal colour in the decor.

Unknown said...

I agree with Nimz, simple colors (neutral) for venue decor. Sort of like setting a background so the vibrant colors people wear will "pop"

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

tell me about!!
You should definately go with what you absolutely love! Your wedding is all about you and should show it :)

Lowla said...

All the best Tminx :) I'm not a very fussy person & when I chose my colors, everything just blended with everything like MAGIC *lols to self*
I didnt have a bridal train, so saved me the headache :)
Google surely will be your best friend..Jeez I remember mine...@ work, it was 20% work productivity & 80% wedding planning productivity, but I pulled it off :)
Wish you all the best again and again :)

/
 
© 2009 | Tminxs' Brideography | Por *Templates para VOCÊ*